WHAT IS CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN?
Certificate of Origin (CO) is a document that certifies the country of origin of a particular product. The CO is intended solely to prove the origin of goods in order to satisfy customs or trade requirements such as supporting letter of credit. They can also be used as supporting documents for the issuance of corresponding COs by another authorised Chamber.
The Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) has revised the conditions and procedures for product Cost Analysis Application and Certification of Non Preferential Certificate of Origins (NPCO) for the product to be exported.
Manufacturers or Traders registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
PRODUCT WHICH MEETS RULES OF ORIGIN
- Manufactured in Malaysia and used 100% local materials; or
- Manufactured in Malaysia through transformation process which alters tariff code classification at six (6) digit level; or
- Contains at least 25% local materials
STEPS 1 – REGISTER WITH MAICCI FOR NPCO ENDORSEMENT SERVICE
CHECKLIST FOR SUBMISSION OF STATUTORY DECLARATION LETTER
|2.||Statutory Declaration Letter||CLICK HERE|
|3.||Letter of Specimen Signatures of Authorised Signatories||CLICK HERE|
|4.||Company Registration Certificate, Business Licence/Manufacturing Licence|
*** Kindly download and submit the completed document according to your nature of business
STEPS 2 –PURCHASED STANDARD PRINTED CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN FORMS FROM MAICCI
As per the directive of MITI, Standard Certificate of Origin Forms are printed by the Chamber and it can be purchased from the Chamber (Download Sample – CLICK HERE)
Cost of Standard NPCO Certificates: RM20.00 per pad contains of 100 Sheets.
STEP 3 – SUBMIT YOUR NPCO APPLICATION ACCORDING TO THE BUSINESS
Submit complete NPCOs to the Chamber of Commerce together with the following documents.
|No.||Document to be Submitted|
|1.||Checklist (CLICK HERE)|
|2.||Duly Completed NPCO Application Form|
|3.||Invoice to Exporter|
|4.||Bill of Lading/Air Way Bill (If after Export)|
|5.||Custom Declaration Form (K2) if after export|
|6.||Sample/Photo/Catalogue (if Needed)|
EXPORT OF GOODS OF MALAYSIAN ORIGIN
- Documents required (before exporting)
- Packing List
- Sales Invoice
- Documents required (after exporting)
- Sales invoice
- Packing List
- Bill of lading / Airway Bill
- Customs Declaration Form (K2)
RE-EXPORT OF GOODS (other than Malaysian Origin)
- Customs import Declaration (Form K1) certified by the Malaysian Royal Customs at time of Import, and
- Any other documents deem necessary, such as Manufacturers invoice, certificate of Origin from country of export.
NPCO RULES OF ORIGIN
- Product fulfil rules of origin
- ‘Manufactured in Malaysia and use 100% of local material’
- Qualified for NPCO
HS CODE: 0604,91.000
|Materials Used||HS Code||Origin country / supplier||Value (RM)||%|
|Dracaena||0604.91.00||Malaysia / own Factory||0.50||45.5|
- Manufactured in Malaysia through Transformation process which altered tariff code classification in six (6) digits (CTSH);
- All raw materials are of different tariff codes at six(6) digit level. Transformation process has taken place.
- Qualified for NPCOs.
|Material Used||HS Code||Origin Country / supplier||Value (RM)||%|
LOCAL CONTENT CALCULATION PERCENTAGE FORMULA
|Material Used||HS Code||Origin Country / Supplier||Value (RM)||%|
WORK PROCESS IN ENDORSEMENT OF NPCO BY THE CHAMBER
|1 Set (1 Original +2 Copy)
***From the 2 Copy, 1 Copy for Chamber
|Additional copies each||5.00|
|Conventional Certificate of Origin Form per pad (100 Sheets)||20.00|